Tuesday 8 May 2007

Well, it's been a busy week...

So, I've not had much free time to go scrounging around charity shops, but I did pop into a rather rough around the edges Mind charity shop on Friday afternoon and found a mint condition Harris Tweed men's jacket. I'd like to say it didn't cost much, but unfortunately charity shops have increased their prices to capitalise on the growing market.

I had to buy it, not only because examples of fine British tailoring cannot be passed up, but also because I think Harris Tweed jackets look so stylish on men in the springtime - perfect for a slightly breezy evening teamed with jeans and a crisp white shirt for a casual, confident look with a vintage twist.

I think top-to-toe tweed is more than a little hard to pull off and I would not recommend it, unless you're an authentic English gent with a monicle and mansion in the country - and even then I think it looks naff.

Picture coming soon...

No comments: